Friday, April 27, 2012

Wow, finally back!

Things have been so busy around here-I can't believe I haven't posted since November. I'm hoping to get a bit more sewing time, so I can post more regularly. My last post-the pants with piping, were a flop, fit wise. They got thrown into the closet with the pile of other ill fitting garments. Perhaps someday they will see the light again!
Right now, I'm still plugging away at the kids' clothing week challenge run by Elsie Marley. I have been so exceedingly tired this week that I've only finished one thing and am just now cutting fabric for another. I made the treasure pocket pants from the book Sewing for boys (which is amazing and has wonderful patterns for anyone-not necessarily just boys!). Zboy is really into cowboys right now, so they got a cowboy print, sheriff star button and red contrast stitching-his favorite color. Sadly, the 4/5 ended up being too large. I got cocky and didn't bother checking, because the 2/3 was too small. Poor chunky boy-wonder how long his clothes will have to be custom fit? So I'm putting them away until the fall, when they should fit. I'll be redoing the waistband as well. It came out much skinnier than it was meant to and I don't really like the look of it. Now, off to cut fabric for another Oliver + S seashore dress (sans pockets this time)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com