Friday, January 7, 2011

Feelie goop


This is the coolest stuff ever. Feelie goop is 2 parts cornstarch to 1 part water (I got the recipe from the book First Art:Art Experiences for Toddlers and Twos) I added Wilton dye because we are out of food coloring-BAD idea. It stains your hands terribly, although it was surprisingly easy to clean off the floor.

Zboy touched the cornstarch a little and sifted it through his hands, but didn't like the feel of it. He added the water in and I mixed it up after he refused. He doesn't really like to get his hands dirty, so I try to make sure I include activities that are a little messy, so he can get used to the feeling. It feels like almost a solid goop, but when you pick it up, the heat from your hands makes it liquefy and run off your fingers. The sensation is really neat! Zanthias used a spoon, which worked almost as well.

He enjoyed washing up more than the goop.

My hand dyed from the Wilton coloring.

This book is so awesome, and one of my best and most useful purchases. It has ideas and recipes for all types of art projects to do with little ones. The best part? The whole book is focused on the process, not the product, because as any parent of little ones can tell you-you're not likely to see much in the way of results. As long as they have fun and enjoy the process, it's a good day! I definitely recommend this book. We have done quite a few things out of it, and the only one I felt wasn't so good was the bubble mixture recipe. It didn't make very good bubbles and when I tried to adjust it, it ended up being too soapy and hurting Zboy's eyes when it got in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com