Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First art quilt


I belong to a wonderful swap group, where we swap items for nature tables, made from natural materials (ie no acrylic felt or yarn, instead cotton or wool is used). Recently, they deviated and had a 1 on 1 swap (usually it's a group thing) for wall hangings. I was paired with a mama who does felted wool things, so I'm really excited to see what I get.
I've been working (for a lot longer than I expected, actually) on this quilt and it's finally done, with the exception of adding a hanging sleeve. I didn't know you were supposed to add them before the binding. Whoops!
It was my first attempt at free motion quilting, which is a lot, lot harder than I thought it would be. Since my skills were not so great, I used matching thread in the needle and bobbin, instead of using thread in the bobbin that matched the backing fabric. This way, mistakes on the front would be less noticeable. As it's intended to be a wall hanging, I think it's ok that all my stitches are obvious on the back.

I really hope she likes it-and if she doesn't, I'm asking her to return it to me, because I LOVE it.

What do you think? Too plain? Not sewn well enough? AMAZING? (Please pick the last! LOL)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com