Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oliver + S Jump Rope Dress



I recently finished the jump rope dress (view A) (pattern by Oliver +S) This is an adorable pattern, and as well laid out and written as the seashore dress.

The main issue I have with this is that it is SO HARD to get on! Reading the Oliver + S forums, I found this is a common problem, even with older children. I left off the belt and pockets, as I didn't see any need for them on a dress for a baby. I was afraid it would throw off the fit, but I think it worked out fine. The placket (can I just say I never even knew what a placket was before this?) was the most fidgety part, followed by the sleeve tabs. With careful attention to the instructions, however, (no googling necessary!) I was able to complete these fairly easily.

I made this with butterfly snaps (like I did on the seashore dress), because I obviously had to!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com